Q&A: is there a gluten free bread that is tasty and not hard?
Question by Koter Boters misses Rufus!: is there a gluten free bread that is tasty and not hard?
I can’t stand the gluten free bread because its so hard and yuck! I can’t eat bread with gluten cause I get really itchy afterward. But I won’t eat gluten free bread. Should I just not eat bread at all or is there something else?
Answer by Amber P
* 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
* ½ cup tapioca flour
* ¼ cup sugar
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ½ tbsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 egg
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9” round pan.
2. Combine the rice and tapioca flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk and oil.
4. Pour into the dry mix and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, and cool 10 minutes before un-moulding and cooling completely on a wire rack.
6. Wrap bread in aluminium foil, let stand overnight before serving.
Add your own answer in the comments!