Wheat Free and Gluten Free Snacks
When you have wheat intolerance, even snacking can be such a chore. You may go blank when you suddenly need a quick snack, so it’s best that you plan ahead. Quick and easy food that caters to wheat intolerant people, especially when you’re living a busy lifestyle, can be difficult. Here are some wheat free snacks that are easy to find and delicious!
- Toasted Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds – Go ahead and whip them up in bulk. You can divide them in Ziplocks and you can have your healthy snacks on the go.
- Rice Cakes – Albeit not every brand of rice cakes are toally gluten free (cross-contamination in the factories), try to find those that are 100% gluten-free. Put some cream cheese or apple butter on them, although the cream cheese has dairy.
- Rice Chex – Rice Chex cereal can be divided into snack-sized portions so you can put it in your bag.
- Jello – Jello cups could be your perfect quick snack for those on gluten-free diets.
- Trail Mix – You can make your own trail mix with dried fruit and nuts is both healthy and gluten-free.
- Coconut Milk Popsicles – You can add juice or juice concentrate to coconut milk before you put it in the freezer for that gluten-free, casein-free popsicles.
- Dill Spears – You can put it in the freezer or the fridge. Pickles are perfect as a quick gluten-free snack.
- Popcorn – Air-popped popcorn is best, but companies such as Lesser Evil can also make flavored, but gluten-free popcorns.
- Hard-boiled Eggs – They are totally carb-free and rich in protein, a hard-boiled egg can be a great gluten-free snack.
- Gluten-free Cookies and Muffins – Companies such as Gluten Free Pantry and Cherrybrook Kitchen have simple mixes for whipping up gluten-free cookies and muffins that you can create in advance and just freeze or wrap it up for later use.